Startseite · Neueste Uploads

Galerie > Verkehr & Transport (Traffic & Transportation) > Verkehr & Transport (Germany)
Klicken für Bild in voller Größe
The Wellknown Watertowers In Leipzig-Wahren
With the restructuring of the railway network in and around Leipzig at the beginning of the 20th century, large shunting yards were built on the outskirts of the city. In addition to the station Engelsdorf in the East was built in 1902 on the territory of the then independent municipalities Lindenthal and Stahmeln in the northwest of the city, the marshalling yard Wahren with adjoining railway depot.
In order to ensure the water supply of the steam locomotives at this major station, two water towers were erected on the site west of the roundhouses. The smaller of the two, about 27 meters high tower was built in 1904 on behalf of the Royal Railway Inspection 2 Leipzig. Its spherical Barkhausen water tank (Klönne, Dortmund) was fed via the collection wells operated by two pumps in the connected pump house. As early as 1905, an extension of this pump house by one axle and one additional pump was necessary. In 1916, the plant was extended by a second, approximately identical tower (30 m) with 500 cubic meters of capacity.
Datei-Information
Fotografin / Fotograf:Manfred Kampf
Alle Bilder von:Manfred Kampf - anzeigen
Hinzugefügt am:03.April 2018
Abmessungen:1200 x 856 Pixel
Angezeigt:426 mal
URL:http://www.industriekultur-fotografie.de/modules.php?name=Gallery&..
Favoriten:zu Favoriten hinzufügen

 
   
    

Alle Logos und Warenzeichen auf dieser Seite sind Eigentum der jeweiligen Besitzer und Lizenzhalter.
Im übrigen gilt Haftungsausschluss. Weitere Details finden Sie im Impressum.

Die Artikel sind geistiges Eigentum des/der jeweiligen Autoren, alles andere © - 2018 by IKF Industriekultur-Fotografie