Startseite · Neueste Uploads

Galerie > Maschinenelemente (Machine details) > Maschinenelemente (Machine details)
Klicken für Bild in voller Größe
Newcomen engine, Elsecar
This is believed to be the only complete Newcomen engine on its original site in the world. It was built in 1795 for mine pumping, and ran continuously until 1923. It was operated a few times after that, and was last operated in 1950. Sadly, when being prepared for a further steaming for a visiting party in 1953, some damage occurred and it has not run since. It is not normally open but can be visited by appointment. This view was taken during an advertised visit as part of the national Heritage Open Days scheme.
This view shows the driving floor with the cylinder just visible to the right and the valve gear in the centre. Photography is very difficult because the engine house is very small. As was typical with Newcomen engines, only the engine end of the beam was enclosed, with the pump end outside the building.
Datei-Information
Fotografin / Fotograf:Alan Murray Rust
Alle Bilder von:Alan Murray Rust - anzeigen
Hinzugefügt am:14.September 2009
Abmessungen:533 x 800 Pixel
Angezeigt:4609 mal
URL:http://www.industriekultur-fotografie.de/modules.php?name=Gallery&..
Favoriten:zu Favoriten hinzufügen

 
   
    

Alle Logos und Warenzeichen auf dieser Seite sind Eigentum der jeweiligen Besitzer und Lizenzhalter.
Im übrigen gilt Haftungsausschluss. Weitere Details finden Sie im Impressum.

Die Artikel sind geistiges Eigentum des/der jeweiligen Autoren, alles andere © - 2020 by IKF Industriekultur-Fotografie