Home · Last uploads

Home > Versorgungsindustrie (Service Industry & Power Stations) > Versorgungsindustrie (Europe)
Click to view full size image
Bâtiment des Forces motrices, Genève
This beautiful Beux-Arts facility was built between 1883 and 1892 on the Rhône in Geneva, in order to keep under control the river level and provide drinkable water and electricity to houses and industries. The BFM was equipped with 18 groups of pumps and turbines. It operated until the 1960s, when factories started moving to the outskirts of Geneva. In 1997, it was reopened as a theatre and performance hall under the name "Salle Théodore Turrettini", in honor of the engineer and councilor who designed the BFM.
File information
Photographer:Jacopo Ibello
All pictures from:Jacopo Ibello - anzeigen
Date added:Mar 19, 2014
Dimensions:1200 x 720 pixels
Displayed:3564 times
URL:http://www.industriekultur-fotografie.de/modules.php?name=Gallery&..
Favorites:Add to Favorites

 
   
    

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
For more Details, take a look in our Copyright

The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © - 2019 by IKF Industriekultur-Fotografie